a strange mix of parts for sale from a hoarders stash

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

SOLD 1930 VL Toolbox






It was probably chromed in the 50's or early 60's My friend Ralph Ringer had it on mounted to the back of the luggage rack of his 1963 Panhead after a co-worker ask him if he wanted some old Harley Part, It was covered in grease in an old burlap bag and the guy said if you dont want it I'll throw it away, that was around 1970 & when Ralph sold the Panhead in 1987 the new owner hung it on the wall where it tormented me till today when I finally made the trade. It is far from perfect it has a little hole drilled where they had a screw to keep the door shut tight at it has some play in the lock has some pits & dings. I feel it belongs back on a 1930 VL I will be entertaining offers on it. matvous@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment